Babysitters & Nannies
Find out where to find babysitting or nanny jobs, what you can do to look professional, how to get experience and where to take babysitting classes.
Also, visit our “babysitter tips” page and our blog for more free info!
Sitters wanted! Get connected to families in your area looking to hire sitters and nannies. It’s FREE to join
Looking for Babysitting Jobs or Nanny Positions?
Look no further! Believe it or not, there are parents and guardians right in your own town or maybe even right in your neighborhood looking for babysitters and nannies just as much as you’re looking for a babysitting job! Here are some places you can advertise:
- You can always try the classifieds in your local newspaper.
- Put up a flyer up at your town library (check with the librarian first to be sure it’s allowed, and where in the library would be appropriate).
- Some churches and houses of worship will let you put a small note in their weekly bulletin or newsletter.
- Often times grocery stores have bulletin boards where you can post a flyer.
- Try local dance studios, children’s gymnastics centers, or local fitness centers.
- Check out daycare centers and preschools to see if they have a bulletin board where you can hang a flyer.
- Finally, try the top online babysitting services. Why not sign up at all of them!
For additional tips and ideas on HOW TO GET BABYSITTING JOBS click on the words “babysitting jobs” above!
Don’t Go Babysitting Unprepared!
Look professional by showing up at your next babysitting job fully prepared with all your own “tools.” Purchase a Super Sitter’s Survival Kit from babysittingworld.com or make your own! Our kit comes complete with a first aid kit, bathtub thermometer, appointment book, pen, disposeable gloves, flashlight, card games, etc. and it comes in a sturdy zippered tote bag with plenty of room to add your own items.
Throw in some children’s books, a puzzle or two, paper and crayons, and maybe a sweater for yourself if you tend to get cold at night and you will be fully prepared to tackle any babysitting job.
Babysitting classes and courses are so important for the new sitter. If you don’t have experience, you may find it tough at first to get anyone to hire you. Even if you do have experience, a little extra training will impress your potential clients. Babysitter training is not just about safely holding and caring for infants, but also includes clever ways for dealing with bad behavior, sibling rivalry, children’s fears, potty training etc.
Now you can get certified in CPR online! You don’t have to wait for a class to be taught in your area and you don’t have to travel to a training center. You can get certified in CPR right from your own home. Check out ExpertRating Online Skills Certifications and take an online CPR class today. Most parents prefer a babysitter with CPR training, so register now and get your CPR certification today!